Saturday, June 30, 2012

heat wave


The weather has been record breaking heat wave for several days. No rain. The plants are wilted every day, even if we watered them. The heat index this weekend was 119. It’s been the hottest ever recorded.
You were incredibly hungry. There are times you aren’t real interested in eating and other times you are so hungry for food you get fussy. Last night you must have been hungry because when I laid you down to sleep and nursed you, you chugged your milk, which is a very unusual feeling. I could hear you gulping fast and feel the milk coming out at a fast pace. I tried not to laugh

I wish you could just poop. I hate seeing you constipated.

You are so much more active at night now. Before you settle down to sleep, you have to squirm, flop over, get on your hands & knees and otherwise flail about like a fish out of water. Sometimes you settle down in a few minutes, sometimes it take a long time and I get frustrated because I don’t have enough milk for you to latch on and off all night. Your papa sometimes has to take over and put you to sleep. You fall asleep for him so well, and he brags about it everytime.

You are scared of the vacuum cleaner now so we have to hold you while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment